NBA and Yahoo Sports have partnered to bring fans inside the Disney bubble using virtual reality.
The partnership between NBA and Yahoo Sports is in coordination with RYOT, which is a VR production company. These three organizations together will carry fans inside the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for thirteen seeding games until August 12, 2020, through Oculus devices. This VR experience will include mixed fantasy basketball and sports betting content.
Verizon Media is also expected to grow their NBA content across Yahoo Fantasy, Yahoo Sportsbook and Yahoo Sports, including improved digital League Pass distribution for engaging fans in a more immersive way. Yahoo Sports is also expected to produce shows with a related focus during the NBA and Conference Finals in addition to continuing its association with the NBA on location at the All-Star Weekend, NBA draft, and other mega-events.
Below are the games that will be available on virtual reality (Time is in ET):
- July 31, 2020: Phoenix Suns vs. Washington Wizards, 4 p.m.
- August 1, 2020: Philadelphia 76ers vs Indiana Pacers, 7 p.m.
- August 2, 2020: San Antonio Spurs vs Memphis Grizzlies, 4 p.m.
- August 2, 2020: Dallas Mavericks vs Phoenix Suns, 9 p.m.
- August 3, 2020: San Antonio Spurs vs Philadelphia 76ers, 8 p.m.
- August 4, 2020: Orlando Magic vs Indiana pacers, 6 p.m.
- August 5, 2020: Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs, 4 p.m.
- August 7, 2020: Washington Wizards vs New Orleans Pelicans, 8 p.m.
- August 9, 2020: Memphis Grizzlies vs Toronto Raptors, 2 p.m.
- August 10, 2020: Indiana Pacers vs Miami Heat, 8 p.m.
- August 11, 2020: Phoenix Suns vs Philadelphia 76ers, 4:30 p.m.
- August 11, 2020: Milwaukee Bucks vs Washington Wizards, 9 p.m.
- August 12, 2020: Miami Heat vs Oklahoma City Thunder, 8 p.m.