With the trending Netflix series The Queen’s Gambit, the game of chess had exploded in popularity. Now, the studio behind VR rhythm game OhShape, Odders Lab, has launched Chess Club for Oculus Quest, bringing the immersive dimension to the age-old strategy game.
The game is the first of its kind on the Oculus Store to offer online chess exclusively. In addition, it also features several game modes with either AI or online competitors, ranging from classic chess to immersive Holochess-style fight animations.
The game can be played using both Touch controllers and hand-tracking, which means that you can pick up pieces naturally for those long and pensive matches.
A few key features of the game include:
- Play against a friend or the AI
- Avatars and Voice IP in online multiplayer
- Casual and rated matches
- Track the history of your moves during a match
- Different time rules (bullet, blitz, real-time, async)
- Two environments and set pieces: Grand Palace and Stonehenge
- Fight animations and sound FX
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read other Articles